Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Valentines Day Plans


Last year, I made the mistake of taking my girlfriend out to a fancy restaurant on Valentines Day. The meal was great, but the price was completely inflated. For the same price, we could have gone out to restaurants both on the 13th and the 15th. The restaurant was completely packed too, so we were seated embarrassingly close to a couple obviously having an awkward first date. It was a nice night, of course, but there are definitely better ways to handle things.

This year, I'm planning on eating in with my girlfriend. A simple candlelit dinner at home with flowers on the table will be much more romantic than a busy restaurant. Or I might simply order some flowers to be sent to her office. We can go out any night of the week, so this Valentines day I think it'll be a lot more romantic to stay low-key.

No comments:

Post a Comment